• March 9Building Futures For Generations

• March 9We Are Sacred Heart

• March 3Learning * Spirit * Service

Promposal Season

Mahnue Sahn, Class of '16

Ladies and gentlemen, get ready to zip up your sparkly, long dresses and fasten your bowties because Prom 2016 is quickly making its way to the Heart! Prom Night is an exhilarating night filled with dancing, eating, and, most importantly, fun-filled memories to be created. It is the night to show off the flashiness of ball gowns and tuxedos. It is a night for all to reminisce of when they become older, and wishing to go back in time to experience it once again. Here at the Heart, the school holds two Prom Nights: Junior Prom on April 29th, and Senior Prom on May 31st. Although these days seem distance, prom always has a habit of sneaking up on Sacred Heart students. Nevertheless, the excitement and enthusiasm toward this time never ceases to go away.

Several interesting components are associated with the concept of Prom. The expensive dresses and manicures, the rented (or bought) tuxedoes, the clicking of exceedingly high heels, and, of course, the “promposals.” If you are not certain as to what it is, a “promposal is a unique a of asking someone to prom. Promposals may entail gifts, signs that read “Prom?”, seranading, hidden surprises in lockers, and other elaborate ideas. The creative ideas are endless. Because prom season is falling upon us, The Forum decided to indulge in some investigating, finding out who promposed to who, and how.

Throughout this year, there have been a few promposals. For example, Senior Aidan Coleman has promposed to Emily Marold with a balloon that has the word “Prom” on it. This adorable gesture marked the commencement of more elaborate, detailed promposals. For example, Senior Brennan Sander conducted an intricate promposal to junior Heather Brown; One morning, a few moments before the first bell rang, junior Billy Painter, dressed in hospital attire, and flung himself on a lunch table. Seniors Michael Saunders, David Gallino, and Brennan Sanders came rushing toward him, preparing to “perform and operation.” All of a sudden, one see Brennan holding up a poster with the words ‘My life will be ‘grey’ if you don’t go to prom with me” written on it. “Most of us knew what was happening. Brennan did a great job with execution,” says junior Abby Walsh.

Remember, guys: it’s more interesting to find creative ways to ask the lucky ladies to attend prom with them. Leave her flowers in her locker with a note. Send a “Prom?” Pizza like senior Charles Fisher did for fellow senior Jessica Spillane. Similarly, one could pretend to be the pizza deliverer themselves, just as junior Cindy Pineda did for her prom date. The guys (and possible ladies) should prompose in any way they please, but one must also remember to make it as memorable as possible.