Thanksgiving Food Drive

Nicholas Salerno

It’s that time of year again; the season of giving thanks is finally here and Sacred Heart High School’s Student Council just wrapped up their annual Thanksgiving food drive. Since the beginning of November, the Student Council has been working tirelessly to encourage student donations of non-perishable items for St. Vincent De Paul Soup Kitchen.  Some teachers have gone out of their way to offer extra credit and homework passes for students who bring in non-perishable items. This year the Student Council collected nearly thirty bins filled with food. On Wednesday, November 21st, the Student Council sponsored the annual Thanksgiving food drive casual day where all profits raised were donated to St. Vincent De Paul Soup Kitchen. Nearly 90% of the student body and the majority of the faculty participated in the casual day. Over $800 were raised this year. On Tuesday, November 26, the Student Council seniors delivered profits of the casual day and all non-perishable food items to St. Vincent De Paul Soup Kitchen. Leaders at the soup kitchen said the SHHS donation will keep the food pantry stocked for the next few months. Thank you to all students, faculty, and parents who participated for a good cause to make the lives of those in need a little easier.