Thanksgiving Food Drive

It’s that time of year again. The season of giving thanks is finally here. Sacred Heart High School’s student council just wrapped up their annual Thanksgiving food drive. Since the beginning of November, student council has been working tirelessly for students to bring in non-perishable items for St. Vincent De Paul Soup kitchen. Items have been collected in student homerooms. Some teachers have gone out of their way to offer extra credit and homework passes for students who bring in non-perishable items. This year student council collected nearly thirty bins filled with food. On Wednesday, November 21st, Student Council had their annual Thanksgiving food drive casual day. It was a $3 casual day where all profits raised were donated to St. Vincent De Paul Soup Kitchen. Nearly 90% of the student body participated as well as the majority of our faculty. Over $800 were raised this year. On Tuesday, November 26, student council seniors delivered all money raised and all non-perishable items to St. Vincent De Paul Soup kitchen. All proceeds and non-perishable items will keep the food pantry stocked for the next few months. Thank you to all students, faculty and parents who participated for a good cause. Our next major food drive is in the spring and it is held by National Honor Society.