Juniors Mark a Milestone

Back to Article
Back to Article

Juniors Mark a Milestone

Elizabeth DeCrisanti, Staff Reporter

The junior class ring ceremony took place on Monday November 19, 2018.  Members of the Junior class, their families, school administrators, faculty, and friend attended to watch and share this memorable moment. The Class of 2020 entered the church together and participated in a short service that included inspirational words and religious readings. In a moving address, Mr. Azzara reminded the students of the milestone represented by the distribution of the class rings.  He also described  his own experience of receiving a class ring and explained how the ring reminds him of his connection to his classmates and of his positive experience at SHHS.  Class member, Elizabeth Nonamaker  also stated that the rings are a “fantastic reminder of the friendships and accomplishments I established during my time at Sacred Heart.”  Certainly, the sentimental value of the rings is an aspect of this tradition that binds the students together. To make the ceremony more complete, the rings were ceremoniously blessed by the Sacred Heart High School Chaplin, Father Mauricio Galvas and then presented to the students. Members of the Class of 2020 put on their beautiful rings with pride. Following the service, the students and their families gathered together as a community to celebrate the special event. The event brought the class together as they begin their journey to the end of their school experience at SHHS. Junior, Jeferson Garcia, said: “It felt like time was going by way too fast.  We are juniors now and our journey is coming to a stop soon.  I thought that I had to live in the moment and enjoy my friends and the people that I love.” The Class of 2020 Junior Ring Ceremony was truly a night that the participants will remember for the rest of their lives, and it is one of the many wonderful aspects of Sacred Heart.